Monday, February 05, 2007

How exciting! My friend and business partner, Kim, just called to tell me, "Today's the Day!" She's about to become a grandma! Oh-h-h-h I remember THAT day in my life. How I seemed to traverse time - one moment I'm in the hospital where my baby girl is about to give birth to her baby girl and the next moment I was back to a time ... 29 years earlier ... when I was the one about to become a mommy for the first time.

How odd it seemed! She's still my baby ... my little Tawa ... I'm still her "Muddo" ... I had trouble getting my mind wrapped around all the feeling swirly around. It didn't seem like so many years had passed. Then again, ... so much had happened between then and now ... it may actually have been a century! How odd.

There's a lot to learn about being a member of the 'sandwich generation' ... it's certainly going to be an adventure, ay? Hang on to your hat, Kim! It's a wild ride! One worth taking!

No comments:

Post a Comment